Full-stack Software Engineer
InsideSherpa is a fast-growing startup building the future of education, careers and recruitment. Our virtual experience programs let students, from any background, university, study or geography to train online, for free, with top companies (like KPMG, Commonwealth Bank, King & Wood Mallesons, Y Combinator and various unannounced brands). Our students come from around the world and our partners are launching programs in the US, UK, Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore. For corporates, we’re building a world-class enterprise tool that allows them to hire the best, as easy as possible.
We’re backed by Y-Combinator, H2 Ventures, UNSW Founder 10x and various world-class investors (some of whom have invested in unicorns: Coinbase, Gitlab and Australia’s Go1).
What you’ll do
- Develop new features that get shipped to users on a daily basis
- Improve engineering practices, the codebase, app architecture and design
- Longer term - Build out an engineering team and engineering culture you want to see
Some technical challenges that you will be exposed to:
- Implementing elastic-search to help firms filter and find the best candidates
- Improving our full-stack security to be enterprise-grade and compliant to the harshest security audits
- Launching product experiments to move metrics forward
- Developing graphs, analytics and reports both in browser and in PDF forms
- Further developing our intelligent skills analysis and ranking systems
- Developing our react-native phone application
We’re building InsideSherpa, because we believe that democratising opportunity and skills for everyone, regardless of their background, will lead to a world where talent is more prepared to solve the future’s toughest challenges. Our core products are an everlasting experiment to prove that thesis right and make it a reality.
We value results more than flashiness or press. We tend to keep quite quiet and (to a fault sometimes) would much rather let our results speak for themselves. We’ve moved fast to grow, but now we are working on making good, maintainable and effective code for the long-run.
We’re dedicated to building a diverse team, with people from many backgrounds and attributes. Yet we all care, and are relentless, about making the world of study, careers and education better.
We’ve seen small teams of 6 engineers in the valley serve millions of people with millions in revenue and know we can do that with smart people like you.
We want to only hire the best or those who can become the best with us.
We pay competitively (a bonus of having a small high-impact engineering team) and offer equity. We’re dedicated to building a diverse team, with people from many backgrounds and attributes. The salary bracket is between 80k - 100k AUD but negotiable based on candidate.